Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyPrurigoTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyPrurigoTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Lilongwe Malawi

Does prurigo really ever go away or it's a lifetime affliction. I have tried different medications and I don't see any difference

September 20, 2023
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members connected over the question of whether prurigo nodularis ever truly goes away, with most sharing the difficult reality that it appears... Read more

Members connected over the question of whether prurigo nodularis ever truly goes away, with most sharing the difficult reality that it appears to be a lifelong condition based on their experiences spanning 10 to 20 years. One member offered hope by describing remarkable success with Dupixent, sharing that after decades of seeing specialists worldwide without relief, the medication calmed the itch within a week and resolved most nodules by week two, allowing them to return to a more normal life. A recurring theme was resilience and mutual support, with members encouraging one another to stay informed, keep advocating for themselves, and hold onto faith that better treatments and answers will come.

A MyPrurigoTeam Member

Hello Richard, as a PN survivor of some 20 years I believe it is incurable. I have seen many docs and derms, including the Pres of Dermatologic Society whose practice is based out of a university research centre. I am confident that my onset was triggered by a mosquito bite. Over 20 years I travelled to see quite a few " experts" here, Europe and Australia. Medical opinions vary however none have been able to identify cause, and virtually all have said its a life long condition. Most recently I began a course of Dupexint. During the 1st week I was amazed at how it calmed the itch and by week two most nodules has resolved. Now, week 6 I know I will continue with this medication. For me it is the 1st time in 20 years that I have been free of PN. Hubby and I are again free to live a more normal life and both of us are grateful to have this medication available. I wish you well and best luck in searching out answers. God Bless.

September 25, 2023
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

TINA, MY strong Faith gets me thru tough times.πŸ™

September 29, 2023
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

I have a short term solution for us all. Go out and get drunk!🍻🍷🍸🍹 (just kidding)

September 23, 2023 (edited)
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

I'm in, let's go!!!

September 23, 2023
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

Hope springs Eternal

September 20, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyPrurigoTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Cheshire UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In