Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyPrurigoTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
January 28, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

Hi Leesa! I have had scalp lesions injected with steroids. The injections shrunk and healed the nodules. I experienced no negative side effects. In terms of the psychological/emotional effects of PN, I focus on the positive aspects in my life. I live with several chronic diseases so staying positive is survival and happiness for me. If you can, try to focus on things you love and bring you happiness. For me, it is phoning a friend, reading, playing Mah Jongg, taking a walk, prayer and meditation. Try to focus on your joy. It will get better once you have a reliable treatment plan in place.πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

January 29, 2025
MyPrurigoTeam

Steroid injections, like triamcinolone, are commonly used to reduce inflammation and itching in prurigo nodularis nodules. You may notice reduced itching and some shrinking of the nodules over time. However, results can vary, and it might take a few days to see improvement. Be aware of potential side effects like skin Show Full Answer

Steroid injections, like triamcinolone, are commonly used to reduce inflammation and itching in prurigo nodularis nodules. You may notice reduced itching and some shrinking of the nodules over time. However, results can vary, and it might take a few days to see improvement. Be aware of potential side effects like skin thinning or discoloration at the injection site. If you experience unusual symptoms, contact your doctor.

January 28, 2025
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

You are so sweet . I just feel defeated right now .

January 29, 2025
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

Thank you so much . I’m not sure it’s gonna work for me either as nothing has so far !! I’m starting to get extremely discouraged and very down about this .

January 29, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyPrurigoTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Camden, AR

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In