Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyPrurigoTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyPrurigoTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sykesville, MD
May 27, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

If any of you are interested, there is a website to check for side effects and drug interactions. It's drugs.com. I use it when I am prescribed a new medication to be aware of possible issues.

June 13, 2025
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

Jan, Dupixent did not work for me and Nemluvio had not yet been approved. I am on prescription topicals as well as over the counter products that my dermatologist recommended. They told me that since PN is so challenging, it may involve several trials of medications. There are other biologics the people on this website have reported success. That maybe could be an option for you. In terms of the insurance denials, have you requested of the dermatologist to initiate an appeal with the medical director of the insurance company? That may provide a better outcome. When I was a medical social worker, I would ask the physician requesting the service to do what I label an doctor to doctor appeal. It may be an option too. Good luck with whatever you decide. 🤗❤️

June 6, 2025
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

As far as I know, no other rx’s I take have the possibility of causing this.

May 27, 2025
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

yes, I have experience joint pain in my knee and elbow after doing a little more research I am relating this pain due to Nem I have not spoken to my dermatologist about this pain yet because the pain started in between visit, but the medication has been so helpful to me the little joint pain I have is alright compared to what I was feeling and what was visible on my body

June 12, 2025
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

Jan, I keep thinking about your situation. Did the dermatologist provide an explanation for not giving you Dupixent while pursuing an insurance appeal for the Nemluvio? I would contact the insurance company to ask if about the Dupixent coverage if an appeal for Nemluvio is in process? I would also ask the insurance company what is happening with the appeal (the current status). In my experience, the appeal process and decision should not take extremely long. If an expedited appeal is requested (a matter of days). My thought is that something has not been completed to render a decision. Good luck.

June 7, 2025 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyPrurigoTeam Member asked a question 💭
New York, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In