Hi I had a biopsy skin puncture one last Thursday. Told me up to 6 weeks to hear from
Them by letter. On Monday 19 June I am getting stitches out but when they called me today they said the dermatologist wants to see me after. So you can imagine I'm feeling so scared. It seems odd I joined this prob to you all as I not been diagnosed with it even though the dermatologist n the dermatologist nurse all think it is this skin disease. Just wanted abit of advice to why they may of called to see… read more
I am in duprixent one shot every other week . It’s help some .
But like I said it took so long to get a true diagnosis.
hello Emma!! that seems like a long time to wait on the results but jmo. I would go with what your dermatologist considers it is. my PN is on my scalp; it originally was hurting as well as itchy. I am a 'picker' & to an extent the itchiness has subsided, I find myself not picking as much, it is still hurting but doesn't seem as much either. maybe I am doing something? 🤔
Hang in there Leslie mine are the same way they hurt they don’t itch that much , I was told I was a picker and I knew that could not be because my job has me working 12 hours a day and I am on the move so I don’t just sit and pick and scratch
And now I have them in my mouth on my upper lip and I really hate that
It’s just sad that they can’t find a real cure for us . Anytime you need to vent just let me know I will listen and help when I can .
My hope is they figure out why .
I started on Adtralza in May, 2023, and same, shots every other week. I don't expect instant results but i seem to be in more of a flare up than before i started so i'm not sure what to think yet. My regular GP says no need for a punch biopsy since Dermatologist made a diagnosis (by just taking a quick look and saying PN is what i have), but i would still like one. I went to a more Naturopath type (but still a GP) Doctor today, and he prescribed Doxycicline to help with infection and inflamation, blood work and suggested taking 1,000mg of Quercetin daily as well. I have it down the side of my left thigh, down my right arm (should to elbow) and across the back of my shoulders. It itches and burns like HECK and is driving me crazy day and night :( And it's really weird how they are in almost symetrical lines, which makes me think it's it's a nerve or autoimmune sort of thing,and i have hypothyroid. Sorry, i'm just venting now, I've had a miserable week, but thanks for listening :)
I know u feel worried.Nobody likes waiting and not knowing.It IS pretty standard to have a request as such after a punch biopsy.What I would encourage u to do is call them back. U might say something reminding them of the request to see doc.Then say u are feeling anxious and would like to reduce your worry.Is there something specific to discuss? Most practices should be used to this and want to make YOU more at ease.That is important to your healing.Revealing concern can help them better treat u..At least that is my take..My punch biopsy took at least 10 days and that was an inhouse lab.Sometimes it is read by an outside Pathologist.I hope this helps.I was told by a 2nd opinion,the punch is pretty darn accurate..Take care